Qualifications for DEMSN Admission
The Direct Entry MSN is a pre-licensure program designed for applicants who already hold a minimum of a conferred bachelor’s degree in any non-nursing field of study from a regionally accredited college or university (or international equivalent).
To apply, you will need to provide:
- A completed online application.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate educational institutions attended, showing an undergraduate or graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher for the last 60 credits of the program.
- Applicants for whom English is a second language must demonstrate the following minimum satisfactory TOFEL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores: 550 for the paper-based exam; 213 for the computer-based exam; or 79-80 for the internet-based exam.
- Official course-by-course evaluation of foreign credentials for international transcripts.
- Proof of passed federal and civilian criminal background check completed by the Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (BCI)
- Proof of current Basic Life Support (BLS) card with expiration at least 18 months after start of DEMSN Nursing Major
- Satisfactory completion of College of Nursing health and professional requirements
Pre-Requisite Course Requirements
Successful completion of pre-requisites courses with a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average of 2.75 (on a scale of 4.0) and no pre-requisite course having an earned final course grade of (C-) or less at either the undergraduate or graduate level unless identified as graduate level course:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I (with lab) (BIO/BIL 330)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology II (with lab) (BIO/BIL 331)
- Chemistry (with lab) (CHM 140/CHL 140)
- Microbiology (BIO 335)
In addition, you must have earned at least a C (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) in each of the courses listed above. You may be required to take or re-take pre-requisite courses prior to beginning Direct Entry MSN courses. For more information about the DEMSN admissions requirements, feel free to reach out to our enrollment team.